Last Updated: 30 April 2023
- It is in the interest of all parties that complaints are dealt with promptly and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Review of complaints is fair, impartial and respectful to all parties.
- Complainants are advised of their options to escalate their complaint to the Complaints Officer if they are dissatisfied with treatment or outcome.
- Complainants are provided clear and understandable reasons for decisions relating to complaints.
- Updates are provided to complainants during the review process.
- Complaints are used to assist in improving services, policies and procedures.
Types of Complaints
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the service, actions, or lack of action by Hutsy Financial Org. (“Hutsy”) as an organization or a staff member acting on behalf of Hutsy.
Examples include but are not limited to:
- perceived failure to do something agreed upon.
- failure to observe policy or procedures.
- error made by a staff member; or
unfair or discourteous actions/statements by staff member.
Anyone personally affected can complain and their complaint will be reviewed in accordance with this procedure.
If you are a client of Hutsy Financial Corp., you can communicate the nature and details of your complaint directly to our customer service team:
Hutsy Financial Corp.
2500 - 88 Queens Quay W
Tel. phone: 1 (800) 251-3129
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively, you may also raise concerns directly to our Complaints Officer. The Complaints Officer is dedicated to investigating and resolving client concerns and is the first level of escalation in our complaints handling process. You may contact the Complaints Officer directly at any time to get an update on the status of your concern by calling 1 (800) 251-3129 or sending an email to [email protected]
Irrespective of complexity, we aim to provide the following during the complaint resolution process:
- Contact details – in our initial response, we will outline who you can speak to for further information about your complaint and we will provide you with the necessary contact details.
- Summary – after our investigation has taken place regarding your issue, you will be provided with a detailed analysis of what has been reviewed and the subsequent conclusions reached.
- Final response – a closing statement will be made confirming our position on your complaint.
If the final response provided by Hutsy’s Complaints Officer is not satisfactory, you may then contact the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI). OBSI is an organization independent of the financial services industry which provides impartial dispute review and resolution services to consumers.
Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments
20 Queen Street West, Suite 2400
P.O. Box 8
Toll-free: 1 (888) 451-4519
Email: [email protected]
You may also contact the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (“FCAC”) which supervises federally regulated financial institutions to ensure we comply with federal consumer protection laws. The FCAC also educates customers and monitors industry codes of conduct and public commitments designed to protect your consumer interests.
At Hutsy, we must comply with a number of consumer laws designed to protect you. For example, we will provide you with information about our complaint handling procedures, and information about fees when you open an account. If you have a concern regarding potential violation of a consumer protection law, a public commitment, or an industry code of conduct, you can contact the FCAC:
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
427 Laurier Avenue West, 6th Floor
Toll-free: 1 (866) 461-3222
The FCAC will determine whether there is a problem with our compliance, and if so, what corrective measure we need to take. The FCAC does not become involved in matters of redress.
You should receive a response to your initial enquiry within 5 business days. If we are unable to respond to your complaint within 5 business days of receiving it, we will update you on the status of your complaint until such a time as our investigation is complete.
We aim to respond to issue a final response to your complaint within 15 working days. However, if we are unable to resolve your complaint within the given timeframes, we will contact you in writing to explain why we are not in a position to issue a final response and provide an estimate of when we expect to be able to provide one.
A record of each complaint received, and the measures taken for its resolution will be retained for a minimum of 3 years from the date the complaint was received.
© 2023 Hutsy Financial Corp. All rights reserved.